How to Get Here
If you are seeking assistance with ear wax removal or would like a free, no-obligation hearing test; it couldn't be simpler to get to the Hearing Aid Centre from Oakwood, or call us now on 0113 4265418.
By Car(approx 5 miles/15 minutes):
- Head south-west on Roundhay Road towards Oakwood Boundary Road
- Use any lane to turn right onto Roundhay Road/A58
- Slight right onto Clay Pit Lane/A58
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the A58M slip road to Inner Ring Road/Halifax/Motorways/M1/M621/M62
- Keep right at the fork to continue towards A58(M)
- Continue onto A58(M)
- Continue onto Wellington Road/A58
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Wellington Road/B6154
- Turn left onto Oldfield Lane
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Dixon Lane
By Bus (approx 44 minutes):
- Catch the 12 LeedsCity from Oakwood Clock
- Ride for 19 minutes/15 stops to Corn Exchange (Stand K4)
- Walk south on New Market Street
- Turn right onto Duncan Street
- Continue onto Boar Lane
- Catch the 255 from Boar Lane (stop T7)
- Ride for 9 minutes/10 stops to Whitehall Road Dixon Lane
- Walk east on Whitehall Road/A58 towards Dixon Lane
- Turn left onto Dixon Lane
Oakwood is a suburb in north-east Leeds, West Yorkshire. Oakwood is neighboured by Roundhay, Harehills, Seacroft, Gipton, Fearnville and Gledhow. Approximately 3 miles away from Leeds city centre, Oakwood enjoys a quiet atmosphere.
Living in Oakwood
Oakwood has all the local amenities a resident could ask for. Nearby supermarkets include Tesco Superstore, CC Continental Supermarket, Tesco Express, Ariana Supermarket, Asda Harehills Supermarket, Morrisons and Roundhay Supermarket. Near Oakwood there is Roundhay School, Kerr Mackie Primary School, Bracken Edge Primary School, Roundhay School Primary Campus, Harehills Primary School, Bankside Primary School, Roundhay C of E Primary School, John Jamieson School, Roundhay Park Primary School, Talbot Primary School, Gledhow Primary School, Hovingham Primary School, Springwell Academy Leeds East, Hillcrest Academy and Allerton Grange School offering choice to residents with children.
Oakwood has excellent proximity to the town centre. The A58 offers a quick route, alternatively; bus routes 12, 13 and 13A arrive in Leeds City Centre and only take approximately 30 minutes.
Oakwood postcode: LS8
The History of Oakwood
Historically, Oakwood was mostly a place for affluent people to build park villas and grand stone houses because of the proximity to Roundhay Park. This developed even further after the introduction of the first electric tram service in Europe, running from Sheepscar to Roundhay Park and terminating in Oakwood.
Things to do in Oakwood
Oakwood Clock is a notable feature of Oakwood. Built in 1904 by Potts of Leeds and designed by Leeming and Leeming, Oakwood Clock is situated at the bottom of Roundhay Park. Oakwood Clock was originally designed to be placed in Kirkgate Market, but was later decided it would not go there. It was eight years later when the clock was erected in Oakwood. In 2015, the tower of Oakwood Clock was replaced, but the original clock was retained. There is also a Christmas Tree put up next to the clock tower annually.
The Oakwood Fish Bar is situated opposite the Oakwood Clock, and is a Grade II listed building that has been selling fish and chips since 1934.
The Oakwood Farmers' Market is held next to Oakwood clock on the third Saturday of the month since March 2008. This market provides produce that is local, 'local' being defined as 'not travelling more than 20 miles to the market'.
Our Other Service Areas
Aberford Adel Alwoodley Armley Barwick in Elmet Beeston Belle Isle Bramhope Bramley Burley Chapel Allerton Chapeltown Cross Gates East End Park Farsely Garforth Gildersome Gipton Great Preston Guiseley Halton Moor Harehills Harewood Headingley Holbeck Horsforth Hunslet Kippax Kirkstall Meanwood Methley Micklefield Middleton Moortown Morley Osmondthorpe Otley Oulton Pudsey Rawdon Rothwell Roundhay Scholes Seacroft Shadwell Sherburn in Elmet Stourton Swillington Wetherby Whinmoor Wike Woodlesford Wortley Yeadon