How to Get Here
If you are seeking assistance with ear wax removal or would like a free, no-obligation hearing test; it couldn't be simpler to get to the Hearing Aid Clinic from Moortown, or call us now on 0113 4265418.
By Car (approx 6 miles/16 minutes):
- Head south-west on Scott Hall Road/A61 towards Street Lane
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn slightly right onto Sheepscar Street North
- Use any lane to turn slightly right onto Clay Pit Lane/A58
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the A58M slip road to Inner Ring Road/Halifax/Motorways/M1/M621/M62
- Keep right at the fork to continue towards A58(M)
- Continue onto A58(M)
- Continue onto Wellington Road/A58
- At the roundabout, take the second exit onto Wellington Road/B6154
- Turn left onto Oldfield Lane
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Dixon Lane
By Bus (approx 48 minutes):
- Catch the 7A from Scott Hall Road Street Lane
- Ride for 20 minutes/16 stops to Boar Lane (stop T8)
- Walk east on Boar Lane towards Briggate/Lower Briggate
- Catch the 255 from Boar Lane (stop T7)
- Ride for 9 minutes/10 stops to Whitehall Road Dixon Lane
- Walk east on Whitehall Road/A58 towards Dixon Lane
- Turn left onto Dixon Lane
Moortown is a suburb in northern Leeds, West Yorkshire. Moortown is neighboured by Roundhay, Chapel Allerton, Meanwood, Gledhow and Weetwood. Approximately 4 miles away from Leeds city centre, Moortown enjoys a village-like atmosphere.
Living in Moortown
Moortown has all the local amenities a resident could ask for. Nearby supermarkets include The Co-operative Food, Sainsbury’s, Marks & Spencer Leeds Moortown Simply Food, Sainsbury’s Local, Londis and Waitrose & Partners Meanwood. In Moortown there is Moortown Primary School, Allerton High School, Allerton C E Primary School, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Primary School, Brodestsky Primary School, Khalsa Science Academy and Allerton Grange School offering lots of choice to residents with children.
Moortown has excellent proximity to the town centre. Scott Hall Road/A61 offers a quick route, alternatively; bus routes 7A, 7S and 36 arrive in Leeds City Centre and only take approximately 25-30 minutes.
Moortown postcode: LS17
Things to do in Moortown
Founded in 1909, Moortown Golf Club was designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie who is a world famous golf course architect. Moortown Golf Club is also known as the host of the first Ryder Cup match in Britain. Moortown Golf Club has hosted many world famous golfers, including: Sir Nick Faldo, Bernard Gallagher and Sir Michael Bonallack. Today it welcomes local and international guests.
The junction between Street Lane and Harrogate Road is locally known as Moortown Corner. Moortown Corner itself is a local shopping area. The old Corner House used to be a cinema from 1938 to 1940 and was then used as a ballroom and restaurant. From 1968 to 2008 the building was used as a casino but nowadays it is just shops. Other shops at Moortown Corner include: a large Marks and Spencer Simply Food, branches of Leeds Building Society, Yorkshire Bank and Halifax Bank.
Our Other Service Areas
Aberford Adel Alwoodley Armley Barwick in Elmet Beeston Belle Isle Bramhope Bramley Burley Chapel Allerton Chapeltown Cross Gates East End Park Farsely Garforth Gildersome Gipton Great Preston Guiseley Halton Moor Harehills Harewood Headingley Holbeck Horsforth Hunslet Kippax Kirkstall Meanwood Methley Micklefield Middleton Morley Oakwood Osmondthorpe Otley Oulton Pudsey Rawdon Rothwell Roundhay Scholes Seacroft Shadwell Sherburn in Elmet Stourton Swillington Wetherby Whinmoor Wike Woodlesford Wortley Yeadon