How to Get Here
If you are seeking assistance with ear wax removal or would like a free, no-obligation hearing test; it couldn't be simpler to get to the Hearing Aid Centre from Kippax, or call us now on 0113 4265418.
By Car (approx 13 miles/27 minutes):
- Follow Leeds Road/B6137 to Selby Road/A63 in Garforth
- Continue on Selby Road/A63
- Take M1 to A639 in Rothwell
- Take exit 44 from M1
- Get on M621 in Leeds from A61
- Continue on M621 to Royds Lane
- Take Whitehall Road/A58
- Turn left onto Dixon Lane
- By Bus (approx 1 hour 20 minutes):
- Catch the 166 Sapphire at Kippax Cross Hills
- Ride for 7 minutes/11 stops to Leeds Road King Edward Avenue
- Walk north-west on Leeds Road towards Carlton View
- Catch the 167 from Leeds Road King Edward Avenue
- Ride for 39 minutes/39 stops to G5 Eastgate
- Walk east on Eastgate towards City Centre Loop
- At City Centre Loop, take the first exit onto St Peter's Street/A61
- Slight right onto Dyer Street
- Turn left at George Street
- Turn left onto York Street
- Catch the 254 from Leeds City Bus Station
- Ride for 13 minutes/11 stops to Whitehall Road Dixon Lane
- Walk east on Whitehall Road/A58 towards Dixon lane
- Turn left onto Dixon Lane
Kippax is a suburb in eastern Leeds, West Yorkshire. Kippax is neighboured by Micklefield, Garforth, Swillington, Great Preston and Allerton Bywater. Approximately 9 miles away from Leeds city centre, Kippax enjoys a village-like atmosphere.
Living in Kippax
Kippax has all the local amenities a resident could ask for. Nearby supermarkets include Sainsbury's Local, Co-op Food, One Stop, SPAR and Tesco Superstore. In Kippax there is Brigshaw High School, Great Preston C of E Primary School, Kippax North Primary School, Kippax Ash Tree Primary School, Kippax Greenfield Primary School, Bright Sparks Pre School, Allerton Bywater Primary School, Lady Elizabeth Hastings C of E Primary School and Green Lane Primary Academy offering choice to residents with children.
Kippax has excellent proximity to the town centre. Selby Road offers a quick route, alternatively; bus routes 22,163 Sapphire, 174A, 175, 175A, 19, 19A and 189 arrive in Leeds City Centre and only take approximately 50 minutes.
Kippax postcode: LS25
The History of Kippax
The name 'Kippax' is said to have derived from Anglo-Saxon origin, meaning 'wooded area of ash trees'. The area was also used as a surname for people who left the village in search of employment elsewhere. Early evidence of this can be found in entries on the Poll Tax Records of Yorkshire in 1379: Johannes de Kypax, Johanna Kepas and Johannes de Kepax.
The population of Kippax remained small until the late 18th century when coal-mining began. Kippax and the surrounding areas saw an increase in population to keep up with the demand of coal. Due to this expansion, a railway was built between Garforth and Castleford in 1873, this was used to transport and facilitiate the development of the coal industry. The railways had two immediate stops, one of them in the local area.
Things to do in Kippax
The Townclose Hills Nature Reserve is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). Due to Townclose Hills Nature Reserve sitting on top of magnesian limestone, the nature and wildlife are different and include: limestone grassland, woodlands and meadows all supporting a variety of unique wildlife. There is also a nature trail that is approximately 2 kilometers long.
Kippax Meadows Nature Reserve is another nature reserve in Kippax. There is an extensive network of footpaths that run throughout Kippax Meadows Nature Reserve where one can enjoy nature and wildlife.
Our Other Service Areas
Aberford Adel Alwoodley Armley Barwick in Elmet Beeston Belle Isle Bramhope Bramley Burley Chapel Allerton Chapeltown Cross Gates East End Park Farsely Garforth Gildersome Gipton Great Preston Guiseley Halton Moor Harehills Harewood Headingley Holbeck Horsforth Hunslet Kirkstall Meanwood Methley Micklefield Middleton Moortown Morley Oakwood Osmondthorpe Otley Oulton Pudsey Rawdon Rothwell Roundhay Scholes Seacroft Shadwell Sherburn in Elmet Stourton Swillington Wetherby Whinmoor Wike Woodlesford Wortley Yeadon