How to Get Here
If you are seeking assistance with ear wax removal or would like a free, no-obligation hearing test; it couldn't be simpler to get to the Hearing Aid Clinic from Garforth, or call us now on 0113 4265418.
By Car (approx 10.9 miles/25 minutes):
- Head north on St Josephs Court towards Barley Hill Road
- Turn left onto Barley Hill Road
- Turn right to stay on Barley Hill Road
- Turn left onto Wakefield Road/A642
- At the roundabout, take the third exit onto Selby Road/A63
- At Austhorpe Interchange, take the second exit onto Selby Road/A6120
- Continue straight onto Ring Road/Selby Road/A63
- Use any lane to turn left onto York Road/A64
- Continue onto A64(M)
- Continue onto A58(M)
- Continue onto Wellington Road/A58
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Dixon Lane
By Bus (approx 30 minutes):
- Catch the Manchester Piccadilly Transpennine Express train from Garforth Station (Platform 2)
- Rde for 10 minutes (non-stop) to Leeds Station
- Walk south on Little Neville Street
- Turn left onto Little Neville Street
- Turn right onto Bishopgate Street
- Turn left onto Mill Hill
- Turn right onto Boar Lane
- Catch the 255 from Boar Lane (stop T7)
- Ride for 10 minutes/10 stops to Whitehall Road Dixon Lane
- Walk east on Whitehall Road/A58 towards Dixon Lane
- Turn left onto Dixon Lane
Garforth is a suburb in eastern Leeds, West Yorkshire. Garforth is neighboured by Swillington, Kippax, Micklefield, Aberford, Barwick in Elmet and Whinmoor. Approximately 8 miles away from Leeds city centre, Garforth enjoys a village-like atmosphere.
Living in Garforth
Garforth has all the local amenities a resident could ask for. Nearby supermarkets include Co-op Food - Garforth, Tesco Superstore, Fultons Foods, Sainsbury's Local, SPAR - MFG Garforth West, Lidl and Kent Foods LTD. In Garforth there is the Strawberry Fields Primary School, Garforth Academy, St Benedict's Catholic Primary School, Ninelands Primary School, Green Lane Primary Academy and East Garforth Primary School offering choice to residents with children.
Garforth has excellent proximity to the town centre. The M1 offers a quick route, alternatively; the Transpennine Express and Northern lines arrive in Leeds City Centre and only take approximately 10 minutes.
Garforth postcode: LS25
The History of Garforth
During the 17th and 18th centuries the local land-owning Gascoigne family ran several coal-mines in the area, this is the cause of the area's size and expansion. This also had a knock-on effect for the surrounding areas of Micklefield, Kippax, Swillington, Methley and Allerton Bywater who also expanded as a result of coal-mining.
Things to do in Garforth
The Garforth Golf Club was opened in 1913 but still evolves with modern technology to offer a brilliant customer experience at their club.
The Garforth Squash & Leisure Centre is open Monday to Sunday and offers the facilities of: a 43 station gym, 6 squash courts (2 with glass backs), 5 court badminton centre, free WiFi and male/female changing rooms.
The West Yorkshire Cycle Route is a 150 mile circular route that roughly follows the West Yorkshire boundary. The West Yorkshire Cyclle Route has traffic free sections, one of which starts locally and runs between the surrounding areas of Great Preston, Kippax and Allerton Bywater.
The Garforth Town Association Football Club was established in 1964. Garforth Town A.F.C are currently members of the Northern Counties East League Premier Division and play at Wheatley Park.
The Millrace Garden is a plant bursery that has been developed from a greenfield site over the last 18 years.
Our Other Service Areas
Aberford Adel Alwoodley Armley Barwick in Elmet Beeston Belle Isle Bramhope Bramley Burley Chapel Allerton Chapeltown Cross Gates East End Park Farsely Gildersome Gipton Great Preston Guiseley Halton Moor Harehills Harewood Headingley Holbeck Horsforth Hunslet Kippax Kirkstall Meanwood Methley Micklefield Middleton Moortown Morley Oakwood Osmondthorpe Otley Oulton Pudsey Rawdon Rothwell Roundhay Scholes Seacroft Shadwell Sherburn in Elmet Stourton Swillington Wetherby Whinmoor Wike Woodlesford Wortley Yeadon