HOW TO GET HERE
If you are seeking assistance with ear wax removal or would like a free, no-obligation hearing test; it couldn't be simpler to get to the Hearing Aid Clinic from Adel, or call the hearing aid centre now on 0113 4265418.
By Car (approx 6 miles/19 minutes):
- Take Otley Road/A660, Spen Lane and Morris Lane to Wyther Lane
- Follow Wyther Lane and Armley Ridge Road to Stanningley Road/A647
- Turn left onto Stanningley Road/A647
- Continue on Armley Ridge Road to Upper Wortley Road
- Continue on Upper Wortley Road
- At the roundabout, continue straight onto Dixon Lane
By Bus (approx 1 hour 15 minutes):
- Catch the 1 Leeds City from Otley Road St Helens Lane
- Ride for 32 minutes/20 stops to Woodhouse Lane (stop L5)
- Walk south on Woodhouse Lane towards Merrion Street
- Continue onto Albion Street
- Catch the 5 from Albion Street (stop J6)
- Ride for 3 minutes (non-stop) to City Square (stop P5)
- Walk west towards Park Row
- Turn left onto Park Row
- Turn right onto Wellington Street
- Slight left onto Aire Street
- Turn right to stay on Aire Street
- Catch the 255 from Aire Street (stop S12)
- Ride for 10 minutes/9 stops to Whitehall Road Dixon Lane
- Ealk east on Whitehall Road/A58 towards Dixon Lane
- Turn left onto Dixon Lane
Adel is a suburb in northern Leeds, West Yorkshire. Adel is neighboured by Moortown, Weetwood, Horsforth, Arthington and Bramhope. Approximately 5 miles away from Leeds city centre, Adel enjoys a countryside-like atmosphere.
LIVING IN ADEL
Adel has all the local amenities a resident could ask for. Nearby supermarkets include The Co-operative, Asda Adel Supermarket, Food and Booze Minimart, Tesco Express, Sainsbury's and Waitrose & Partners Meanwood. In Adel there is Adel St John The Baptist Primary School, Adel Primary School, Moorlands School, Iveson Primary School, Adel St John Baptist C of E Primary School, Ireland Wood Primary School, Adel Pre-School, Ralph Thoresby School and Lawnswood School offering choice to residents with children.
Adel has excellent proximity to the town centre. The A660 offers a quick route, alternatively; bus routes 1 LeedsCity, X84 and X85 arrive in Leeds City Centre and only take approximately 41 minutes.
Adel postcode: LS16
THE HISTORY OF ADEL
Several Romano-British inscribed stones were found in Adel, alongside some Anglo-Saxon stones that were found amongst the church foundations in 1864 when it was being refurbished. Some of these stones are now displayed in Leeds City Museum.
THINGS TO DO IN ADEL
York Gate Garden is one acre of fine garden design. York Gate Garden was once a private family garden but in 1994 was bequeathed to the charity Perennial and is now open to the public. There is a Tea Room serving light lunch and afternoon tea with fantastic views of the gardens. There is a wide range of plants to purchase at the Plant Nursery too.
Adel Dam Nature Reserve is a wildlife reserve opened and maintained by Yorkshire Wildlife Trust in 1968. The reserve is 19 acres large with two hides.
Our Other Service Areas
Aberford Alwoodley Armley Barwick in Elmet Beeston Belle Isle Bramhope Bramley Burley Chapel Allerton Chapeltown Cross Gates East End Park Farsely Garforth Gildersome Gipton Great Preston Guiseley Halton Moor Harehills Harewood Headingley Holbeck Horsforth Hunslet Kippax Kirkstall Meanwood Methley Micklefield Middleton Moortown Morley Oakwood Osmondthorpe Otley Oulton Pudsey Rawdon Rothwell Roundhay Scholes Seacroft Shadwell Sherburn in Elmet Stourton Swillington Wetherby Whinmoor Wike Woodlesford Wortley Yeadon